Pages

Monday, May 4, 2009

Cheeburger Cheeburger





Saturday night I allowed myself a treat which is very rare, I treated myself to a meal out and 2 movies! That's right 2 movies I saw Obsessed and Wolverine movies but first I treated myself to a dinner. I waled by several restaurants till this one caught my eye, I have never heard of it before.

The diner had a 50's motif with the green and chrome chairs, rolls of paper towel on the tables. I sat myself down and waited at least 10 minutes before my presence was acknowledged. I ordered the "Serious" burger and the half and half basket which gives you half french fries and half onion rings. I struck up a conversation with 2 ladies sitting at the table next to me, they were very excited that this was my first time here and how much I was going to love the food.

After about 15 minutes my food came out, you can tell the burger was hand shaped not those frozen flat burgers they were thick and juicy, the meat was fresh, very fresh. The onion rings were light and crispy but the fries were darker than I like but still good. They will not serve a regular burger they only serve cheese burgers but the have a variety of cheeses from feta to just plain ole American. They also have a number of dipping sauces for your fries and over 25 variety of milkshakes. I could only eat half of the burger and some onion ring and I took the rest home.

It took me 15 minutes to get the attention of the waitress to get the check, but besides that the burger was well worth the wait. Also if you eat their 1 pound burger they will take your picture with a huge stuffed burger and place you on the wall of fame, luckily the table in front of me a guy accomplished it and we all gave him a round of applause. I had a great time!

Cheeburger Cheeburger
2000 E. Rio Salado Parkway
Tempe, Arizona


4 comments:

Barbara Bakes said...

Sounds like a fun night out. I love a good burger and fries!

lesleychef said...

I wish there was one of those restaurants near me!

That reminds me of a couple of years ago when we took my mother out for dinner at a local restaurant that serves really large hamburgers and fries. She ordered the 1/2 pound hamburger and fries, complained that she could never eat all of it, was going to take part of it home for supper, and then proceded to eat the entire meal. My husband ordered an extra meal for her to take home because we were pleased to see her eat that well. She is 89 and lives in an assisted living facility and I know they serve her really nice meals but I am not always sure that she eats.

Michelle said...

Oh, I didn't realize that place was a national chain. When I lived in north Alabama it was a personal favorite, although it sounds like the service there was much better than you experienced. If memory serves me right, I'm a semi-serious girl, and always tried different toppings. The milk shakes are great although I could never eat one alone, even with the smallest burger. How people eat the pounders is beyond me, but I've seen friends do it.

NumberSix said...

I love that place! The options for toppings are quite good and fresh. I've never had a bad meal there.
The only problem I have with them is that I have a love for their onion rings that makes me feel like I should apologize to my wife.
(I's been awhile since I ate there and then it was when lived in Maryland, but the only onion rings that I like more is popyees, but some of those locations are not so great, and EVERY Cheeburger x2 is perfection, amazing quality control, and always a nice waitroid. Man, I'm hungry now!